Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trying to Be Better Leaders

Today was day five at the Sports Journalism Institute here in Columbia at the University of Missouri. Michael Anastasi, managing editor at The Salt Lake Tribune and outgoing APSE president, stopped by to talk to the class about someday getting into management.
Anastasi discussed the characteristics of good leadership and he said a couple of things that struck a chord with most of the class. The things he said that stuck out the most was that the best leaders are the best learners.
The saying made a lot of sense to me because I've been in a management/leadership position before when I was the sports editor at The Daily Aztec at San Diego State. Because the more you learn, the better you'll be.
I mean after all, knowledge still is power. I've learned a lot this week, I'm sure my classmates have too, I know I'll benefit from it down the road and hopefully that'll make me and my classmates better leaders someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment